MRLF endorses five candidates for Minneapolis School Board races
From the Minneapolis Labor Review, May 25, 2018
MINNEAPOLIS——Delegates to the Minneapolis Regional Labor Federation, AFL-CIO voted May 9 to endorse five candidates for Minneapolis School Board, including three incumbents for district seats and two new At Large candidates.
The MRLF-endorsed candidates include:
• Jenny Arneson, running for a third term to represent District 1 (northeast and southeast Minneapolis).
• Siad Ali, running for a second term to represent District 3 (south Minneapolis, roughly east of I-35W, north of 36th Street).
• Nelson Inz, the school board’s current chair, running for a second term to represent District 5 (roughly east of I-35W and south of 36th Street).
• Kimberly Caprini, a new candidate running for an At Large seat.
• Josh Pauly, a new candidate running for an At Large seat.
All five candidates were endorsed earlier by Minneapolis Federation of Teachers Local 59 and SEIU.
Three days after the MRLF’s endorsements, the Minneapolis DFL Party voted at a convention May 12 to also endorse each of the five candidates.